It’s only natural that we reflect on our year when it nears a close. Our PES family has had another amazing year of growth and exciting accomplishments and we’d like to share a few highlights with you.
Arguably the most exciting news is the growth of our team: we’ve added six new engineers to our ranks. Daniel Silvestri, an Engineer in Training, joined PES in January. Daniel graduated from Southern Polytechnic State University with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. He was joined by two Clemson graduates, William James and Matthew Baker. Also EITs, they both earned a Masters of Science in Civil Engineering ahead of joining the firm. A third Clemson graduate joined PES in June. Mikayla Bladow, like the two other Clemson graduates, is an EIT who earned a Masters in Science in Civil Engineering. Andrea Goldstein joined our New England office full-time in June. She graduated with her Bachelors of Science in Architecture Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Our last new hire also started in June. Adam Boswell, a Professional Engineer, graduated from Auburn University with a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering and then from the University of Texas at Austin with a Masters of Science in Civil Engineering.
We were also excited to announce three engineers earned their Professional Engineer designations this year. We all know what a feat passing that tough exam is, so we are incredibly proud of Sherman Matthews, David Greenwood and Graham Brasic! They can now add the much sought after P.E. to their titles.
Another milestone to mark is the promotion of David Aucoin to Senior Associate as well as Erik Swerdlow and Chad Forster who were also named Associates of the firm. Huge congratulations to these three long-time PES family members!
- The first AC Marriott opened at Phipps Plaza in August.
- Georgia State University and the University of North Georgia opened new student residence halls.
- On November 16, construction began on the new YANMAR America’s training and customer experience facility in Acworth, Georgia.
- The new Gwinnett County Human Services Center broke ground June 1 in Lawrenceville, Georgia and it’s already topped out so completion is right around the corner.
- Nalley Nissan of Atlanta opened its newest location on August 22nd at the site of the former General Motors assembly plant near I-285. Look for the auto display towers we designed the next time you’re traveling that stretch of highway.
We anticipate 2017 will be another year full of exciting things for PES. Be sure to check our website and Twitter feeds for the latest news, new blog posts and to stay up to date about happenings in our Atlanta and Hartford offices.